Saturday, July 4, 2009

God's Timpani

I knew Heavenly Father liked music, I just didn't know He liked the drums so much.

I am almost certain He was playing a giant timpani this morning at about 2 a.m. Terral and I awoke with gasps to the tremendous sound. We lay there in awe with hearts beating as the sound rolled in through the open window and drowned out our puny fan.

This was the second time in just a couple days that we had heard the timpani. Some say it was just thunder, but I know better. You could hear the individual strikes of the mallets. Heavenly Father just surrounded His playing with lots of regular thunder so as to disguise His hobby.

I tried to capture the sound on my little camera, but the subsequent thunderings were not near as majestic, and the technology did a woeful injustice in the recording. Thus, I am left only with the memory of the enveloping reverberations.

2 comments:

  1. English class and Ensign worthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny... I didn't hear anything. :) Seriously...totally missed it. Maybe Heavenly Father loves you more. Hmmm..

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)