Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Don't Mess With My Garden

I am a Bug Slayer. At least my husband thinks I am. Last year he was surprised at the ferocity I suddenly showed when I found some bugs eating MY VEGETABLES. I still surprise him at times. Like tonight. I was inspecting our poor spinach plants when I spied a grasshopper calmly munching away. Not wanting to let it get away, I quickly reached out and squished the fat insect with my fingers. Yes, it was gross. But I learned at a young age some evils have to be dealt with even when it's unpleasant.

7 comments:

  1. When Mary says "ferocity" you have to picture her picking up a large, fat caterpiller and gently setting on a rock then picking up another larger rock. Then lifting it high above her head and smashing the bug with all her might splattering it all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it helps Kristin, Terral was slightly exaggerating. The splattering was well contained under the rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you wanna come kill some bugs at my house? I've got some nice juicy snails and slugs, lots of spiders and of course the ever present ear wigs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary! I was so excited to get your comment on my blog! I didn't know you looked at it. But now you've led me to your blog... and I WILL become a stalker. I've just perused the whole thing - I loved the post about thunder and all the ones about your agricultural endeavors.
    Oh - and the motherland (for me) is Washington. We're here helping my lil sis with a new baby.
    It would be fun to see you guys again when we get back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chelsea! I found yours through Kristin's, and I'm totally okay with you stalking me. Hope you have fun with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I just found your comment on Chelsea's and also followed you back here. Someday you guys will have to explain how you two are connected. I saw on Fbook you guys just went camping. All your adventures are making me homesick! So good to get an update on your happy life!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)