Monday, May 17, 2010

A Girlie Getaway and Other Events

In celebration of school getting out, we got together with my family to do a big FHE and have some girl time. Terral and I carpooled up with the Downwards. Playing with kids and good conversation made the ride seem a lot shorter. Ryan saw Terral with a marker and immediately wanted faces drawn on the bottom of his toes (something his grandma D does sometimes). Both the kids were entertained by this for a good half hour at least.

Sorry the pictures aren't that great. They are the natural result of a cell phone camera and a moving vehicle.

After the drive, we had a wonderful FHE at the Lisonbee's house (more on that later) and then it was off to the Thompsons' for all the female folk. The menfolk kindly stayed behind to watch the kids and put in some new windows the next day.

We had a fabulous time exploring Nae's new home and hot tub. We exchanged clothes, talked, laughed, ate chocolate covered fruit, and pampered ourselves.


I was especially pampered at one point with Diane rubbing my feet, Sarah massaging my head, Rach doing bodytalk, Lisa matrixing, and Lynae feeding me strawberries. Okay, so it was a little staged, but we really did have fun making each other feel special.

Lisa brought some facemasks for us all to try, and we couldn't help but take a picture. Don't tell me you aren't glad we did. ; )


Since it was Mother's Day weekend, I had prepared a few gifts. For my sisters, I made seed tape flowers. I got the idea here. For mom, I made a sugar scrub (adapted from this) and a crochet scrubber (pattern found here).



Terral and I spent Saturday evening with Sarah and Kyle. We went to a dollar theater to watch Percy something-or-other and the Lightning Thief, which actually wasn't bad. It was better than expected, and Terral and I felt we got our money's worth. :)

After church on Sunday, we had a tasty Mother's Day meal with Sarah, Diane, and families. Terral did a fabulous job barbecuing the lobster and corn. I actually did try a bite of the Lobster. It wasn't very fishy, but it was kind of rubbery, and I decided I was very well satisfied with my chicken.



Thanks for making our holiday weekend so fun family!

3 comments:

  1. So fun! You guys always have a wonderful time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also liked that Percy something-or-other movie! :) Looks fun with the masks and such! GOOD times!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)