Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dreams

Two months sounds longer than eight weeks to me.  In apparent celebration of the 1/5th mark, my brain decided to dream about a baby last night. :)  I've dreamt about pregnancy before, but not about actually being a mom.  It was pretty insane.  Anyway, in my dream we had a little baby boy.  Who knows what that means, but I admit I have thought of our baby as a he more often than as a she today.  But there were some weird elements of my dream beyond skipping the whole rest of the pregnancy and delivery.  I was feeding my baby mushed broccoli when suddenly I realized that he was a newborn and not old enough to eat solid foods.  Boy did I feel stupid.  Luckily I woke up and I realized I still had lots of time to prepare to feed our child properly. :)

I've heard that pregnant dreams can be pretty wild.  I normally have weird dreams (does that qualify as an oxymoron?), so I'm not sure I'll be able to tell.  But there definitely has been a change in subject matter as of late.

Speaking of dreams, it's time for bed again.  Sweet dreams!

(*edit:  I've since had a dream that we had a little girl, so your guess is as good as mine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)