Monday, May 3, 2010

Awesome

During spring semester, I was asked to sing my recital duets at several functions.  The last one was some sort of event for important people.  I never did really find out exactly what it was.  But they fed us free food, so I didn't mind not knowing. :)   After we sang, we got a surprise.  The man in charge said they'd get our certificates to us in a couple weeks.  Certificates?  "Oh, you didn't know?  We're giving you gift certificates to Milt's."  Sweet!  The certificates proved to be good for either Rusty's or Milt's, which are owned by the same people.  For those of you not familiar with Cedar, they are a couple of Steak and Seafood restaurants that I never thought I would eat at simply because they are rather expensive.  And I don't care for steak or seafood, but that's another discussion. . .  So the sum of this little story is that I sang for my supper.  And I basically got three meals out of two songs, since I got enough food at Rusty's for lunch the next day.  Really, it's five meals if you count Terral's two.  Not bad, eh?  But as cool as that is, the meal at Rusty's represents something even better.

We saved the certificate until April 29th.  We decided to use it to celebrate.  And what were we celebrating, you ask?  Some very special news.  Earlier that day we found out that I'm pregnant!  So the following pictures (unfortunately taken with a cell phone in bad lighting) are of some super happy, slightly dazed, expectant parents! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)