Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I found the source of the ticking!

On Saturday, Terral and I went on our first date out since Ethan's birth.  Natalie came over to watch him for us.  It's really nice that she enjoys spending time with him so much.  I almost feel like I'm doing her a favor by asking her to watch him instead of the other way around. :)

The date was Terral's idea.  I don't think it would have occurred to me yet.  He had seen a poster on campus saying they were going to show Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on campus.   We hadn't seen it yet (we generally only go to the theater on Terral's birthday or when Sarah and Kyle invite us to catch a dollar flick with them) so we both thought it sounded fun.  Theater experience for free?  Yeah, I'll take that.

We had a good time.  It was nice to just be together, but it did feel just a bit weird. In spite of the slightly odd feeling, I think I would have thoroughly enjoyed myself if they had just turned the volume down a bit.  There was an almost constant rumble that set my teeth on edge, and it was often so loud it was hard to understand what was being said.  So that was frustrating.  I ended up wearing my ear warmer the whole time to try to dampen the sound.  Even that wasn't enough, though, which was unfortunate because plugging your ears is not very conducive to hand holding. :(

On a more positive note, the times we did get to hold hands were lovely. :)  I was so glad Terral asked me on a date. *giggle*  It was fun to set aside the parent hats for just a bit and have a little reminder of our romance.  He very sweetly opened every door for me.  He also made sure I was situated in the warm(ish) car before he cleaned off the 5 inches of snow that had accumulated on it while we were watching the movie.  When we got home he also cleaned off his mom's car and cleared a path for her to get to it while she and I chatted.

Love that man.  He makes my heart tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)