Tuesday, January 18, 2011

So that's what you were doing. . .

On the first day of Ethan's life, just as he was drifting off to sleep, we got to see one of his favorite pastimes in the womb.  


The last couple of months his favorite position was head down with his back facing my left side.  Whenever he wanted to stretch, I would feel his feet sticking out my right side between my ribs and hips.  It was pretty amusing to see my belly go from round to oblong. : )  And it was nice that he found a way to stretch that didn't involve feet in the ribs--Ive heard that's quite uncomfortable.

Ethan hasn't repeated this position since, so I'm really glad we caught it on camera.  And I think he's really glad he can stretch all sorts of ways now.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny that us moms can complain a bit about being uncomfortable, but can you imagine what it must be like for those little babies trapped in there? Love the picture!! Except, I don't think i heard you complain......

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha love it! congrats on the new guy. he is so cute and has the most adorable button nose and wrinkly knees! what a good lookin' family the fox's (foxes?) are!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)