Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Noteworthy

I forgot to say in the birth story that Terral cut the cord.  He thought it might be weird for him, but it wasn't.

Janae tested the cord blood, and found out that Ethan has the same blood type as me, which means I didn't have to get a RhoGAM shot.  Hooray!

Ethan's cord fell off on Saturday.  We were very happy it didn't take long!

I have a weird side affect from giving birth.  My left thumb went numb for quite a while, then just really tingly.  Although the sensation has lessened considerably, it's still there six days later.

Ethan smiled the very first day.  I like my dad's philosophy: "If it looks like a smile, then it is one."  Most of his smiles so far have been in his sleep, but he's given us several when he's awake too.


Ethan had his first bath on Sunday.  **edit:  These pictures are actually from his second bath because I didn't take any of the first.  Bathing with daddy has become a nightly ritual.  Ethan seems to really enjoy it.  He loves the warm steamy  atmosphere.  



 He likes to hold onto things when in the tub.  It makes him feel more stable in the water.  Sometimes he'll hold onto my hands, sometimes dad's thumb, and sometimes, like in this picture, he'll hold onto the foam.

 This picture is actually from the 15th when he was two weeks old.  I just had to include it because you can see one of his funny faces.


Breastfeeding started out slow.  He just didn't seem interested, and we had a hard time waking him up.  I was a little worried I was doing something wrong when it became painful, but all is well now.  My milk came in Sunday evening (a surprisingly awesome experience--I'm just so amazed by Heavenly Father's wisdom!) and we have gotten the hang of things. : )

Twice when Ethan has been crying hard because of a diaper change, he quieted down immediately when I started singing, even though one of those times I was across the room.  It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)