Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Update

So, in case you haven't guessed, we're really excited to be parents!  And we're really glad to let everyone know finally! We had a hard time deciding when to spill the beans, but after hearing the heartbeat yesterday, we knew all systems were go!

I've been writing posts about the pregnancy, but I didn't publish them until now.  If you're interested in knowing what went on before, just click on the baby label.

By the way, I'm twelve weeks along, and our baby is due in January.  Oh, and I've thrown up a grand total of 4 times so far.  Not bad!

4 comments:

  1. woot woot fox's! (or is it foxes?) i admit laura told me a couple of weeks ago, but did so good at keeping it a secret! (like who would i tell?) it's amazing to hear the heartbeat - makes it so much more real. soooo jealous you've only thrown up a few times. i was a barf machine it felt like. you are brave and beautiful and kyle and i are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I threw up like twice. But I was nauseous for the whole first trimester. But now you are in the second so you should be good to go. Enjoy this time. I miss it a lot. Feeling Georgie in my belly was the coolest experience ever and I want it back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, yay, yay! I'm so happy for you and Terral. You will be great parents. I think it's awesome that you're doing a home birth. I had to have an emergency C-section with my daughter, so I've been getting interested in doing things more naturally when we have another. Being a mom is awesome. I remember when I was pregnant sometimes being weighted down with the thought of such immense responsibility, but caring for Lily feels like the most natural extension of who I am. Not that it isn't hard sometimes, but it's definately good. And being pregnant is a wonderful thing, even when it sucks.

    Oh, and while the throwing up might clear soon, the peeing will only get worse. Sorry. A word of advice: As your belly gets bigger, it is wise to cross your legs when you sneeze...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you two! That is so very exciting, I'm happy for you:)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)