Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bike

A couple weeks ago I got a call from one of my friends that recently graduated.  I was surprised because she had moved up north, but she was passing through Cedar on her way back from California.  She told me she had an old bike that she used maybe twice while she was here, and she had just decided it wasn't worth it to her to try to get it up north and fix it.

Terral knows a thing or two about bikes, so we went over there to check it out.  I do have an old bike, but Terral has said it would cost too much to fix it up and we'd be better off just getting a new one.  That hasn't happened for several reasons, one of which is of course money.  Our temporary solution was for me to borrow Terral's bike whenever it worked out.

Anyway, we went over, and even though the bike had sat out under the car port for years, it was still in way better condition than my old one, so we took it home.  Terral put some air in the tires and tightened up a few things, and now it's rideable!  There is still some fine tuning to be done, but I've enjoyed riding it to work in the mean time.  Terral's bike is huge, and this one just fits me better.  Plus we can actually ride together now.  Don't you love it when serendipitous stuff like that happens?

Thanks so much Charity!  I will definitely put it to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)