Monday, September 17, 2012

Silver Linings

After all the activity going on around here lately, I felt pretty lazy today. But this day just didn't start out right, and I felt yucky all day. I did at least wash our bedclothes after Ethan peed on them. And come to think of it, there was a bit of progress on the house as well. I straightened out some things with our countertop purchase, and Dad is going to pick them up tomorrow! It will be a few weeks (at least) before we can put them in though. And this evening Terral cleaned out a bunch of junk where we are going to put chickens. Some friends of ours are moving, and they aren't taking their chickens with them, so we are inheriting some that already lay. I know chickens are really not hard to take care of (I remember taking care of them when I was a kid) but it feels like a big deal somehow. Maybe because it means our little homestead is really becoming a homestead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)