Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mini Backpacking Trip

Now that Terral's whole family lives in Cedar again, we've had a lot of fun hanging out with his two sisters and their husbands. For Labor Day Weekend, we took a little trip to a place we like to call Raspberry Canyon. That is of course not its real name, but it was rechristened by Chris (ha ha! rechristened by Chris!) while I was on my mission. Anyway, it's really close to home, and it is GORGEOUS. I was filled with wonder by my Heavenly Father's creations.

We saw lots of interesting things, but the arch and the two waterfalls are what bring most people to the canyon.

This is us en route to finding a campsite. We were standing below the arch, but my puny camera couldn't get us and the arch.

We were sure hungry by the time we set up camp and got dinner going! BTW, if you ever need any ideas for backpacking food, Terral has some good ones.

We had a lot of fun that evening just talking, laughing, and playing games. The next day we did some more hiking. This was when we reached the falls. And the canyon's namesake: yummy, little, bitter-sweet, wild RASPBERRIES!

Here are a few more of my favorite points of interest.

And a few more shots of us.

6 comments:

  1. You guys are so adventurous! That's awesome. You always have great "nature" pictures. I'm glad you enjoy the great outdoors so much and that you can share it with the rest of us that don't venture out to often. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have asked you this before... how do you do your collages? Is it photoshop, or a free program? I've heard of people doing it for free with Picasa, but I can't figure it out. I'm trying to find someone to teach me.

    Veryvery jealous of this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures Nae!

    Chelsea~ I downloaded Picasa onto my computer at work, so that's how I do the collages there. It gets pretty slow sometimes and so there isn't much for me to do, so I blog! When I'm at home I usually do it on InDesign. Next time we're at your house I could show you, or try to tell you over the phone. It's not that difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful place. It's great how much you love the outdoors... and each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That looks like a lot of fun! What a beautiful place to go hiking and camping : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary, Jared said that he put it in your mailbox with the flashcards when we moved. He looked through his music to make sure too. I'm sorry that you can't find it - let us know if you have any other ideas or want us to check anywhere else! Hope you guys are doing well - so jealous of all of your outdoor adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)