Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Two Years

So, Terral is out fulfilling his calling by taking the boys on a mountain bike trail. I thought I would fill up some of the time he is gone by posting about our anniversary.

Four years ago today, Terral took me up the canyon to go on a little walk. We needed to figure some things out. It had recently sunk in that I was going on a mission (I had turned in my papers 2 days before), but we really liked each other. We walked and we talked, and finally we sat down in the dirt. Terral told me that he would never think of questioning the answer the Lord had given me, but he felt like our relationship was worth pursuing. I thought I was crazy for even thinking about it. Who gets a boyfriend right before they leave for a year and a half? In the end, we decided to give it a try. It might not have made very much sense, but it felt pretty good.

I enjoyed our time together during the next couple of weeks, but I admit that I had a nagging question as to whether or not I had made the right decision. When I received my call, Terral was there to see me open it. With my family on the phone, I tore the open envelope and took out the papers. My eyes immediately found the words "Russia St. Petersburg". Emotion swept over me and flowed out my eyes. I could barely speak to tell my family. In that moment I felt a confirmation that not only was my decision to serve in line with the Lord's will, my decision to date Terral was also.

He later told me that he knew I was going somewhere in Russia the second I started crying, even though I hadn't said it yet.

Three months after I returned home, we were married in the Manti temple. That was two years ago today. Two wonderful years with a man who was truly made for me. And I was made for him.

7 comments:

  1. So sweet you guys! Mary, I got goose bumps reading this : )
    Congrats on two years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great story, Mary. And congratulations on two great years, isn't it amazing how fast it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I not the luckiest guy in the world? Here I am off mountain biking on our anniversary and she is praising me for fulfilling my calling. Not every wife would have that good of an attitude. What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know your story, I'm glad you shared it! Congratulations on your two years together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are definitely a great match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you were supposed to be together the minute I met Terral and expirienced his illuminating smile. Happy Anniversay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. I can't wait to have 2 years with my best friend/husband, too. You are a great example to me, like you have always been. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)