Saturday, July 14, 2012

First Evening

Today, Terral picked up the key to our house while I was traveling home with Diane. How amazing is that?! We met Terral at the house and showed Diane and her kids around. As soon as we pulled up, Kaylee said, "Wow! I LOVE your house!" I don't think I will ever tire of hearing such things. ;)

Terral had brought a few tools, and right away he started taking out random screws and taking down some things that didn't make sense to us. It was so cool to know we can do that sort of thing now. Our fingers were always itching to get to work whenever we'd visit it before.

After Diane left to continue home, we went back to our apartment for lunch and a nap. When we woke up, I gathered some stuff for dinner and we headed back out to the house to start cleaning. Again, it was just so awesome to start in on it! It was fun to use some things for the first time. After I cleaned the tub, Ethan played in it for a while. He'd been getting tired of us cleaning and needed something new to do. We also used the stove to heat up left-over soup. We decided to eat it out on the porch in the light of the setting sun. 

 And then we just couldn't resist running around in the yard. Ethan seems to love the space.


We are so excited to have a hard to just play in. We threw around fallen apples for quite a while, and then Terral showed Ethan his mad juggling skills.
I keep thinking of things I want to plant. And animals we want to get. A friend is giving away some bunnies, and I am sorely tempted. The $60 price tag to get them fixed is making me hesitate though. I'm actually kind of surprised at my desire for animals. I liked them growing up, but I have been very okay with not having them in recent years. I was reading a book to Ethan about a farm the other day, and I found myself thinking, "It might be fun to get a cat soon." Amazing what the thought of having space will do. :)

Oh, there are so many things we are excited for! It was hard when it came time to leave. It just feels like home.

7 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm so excited for you and your new home! I can't wait until I see some pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! A new home is a wonderful thing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! A new home is a wonderful thing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yay! Very happy for you. I can't wait til we get to buy a home again (or sometimes I think I can. As you well know now - it's a lot of work!) Enjoy all your new projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippe!!! It does have a nice yard and I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! Take some before and after pics!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)