Wednesday, February 17, 2010

V-day in Appropriately-Red Rock Country

For Valentine's Day, Terral and I felt like getting away. We took the opportunity on Saturday, since I had rehearsal on Monday. We headed south about 25 minutes to get a taste of spring. We've picnicked by Silver Reef before, so that was our original destination. Part way there, Terral asked how I felt about exploring a little. Since I was not at all opposed, we exited at Leeds, found a random dirt road, and went hunting for some sandstone. We ended up in Red Cliffs Desert Reserve. Neither of us knew it was there, so it was a fun find. The signs aren't incredibly visitor friendly, but we enjoyed discovering things on our own. We had a lovely lunch, and then we got to know our surroundings a bit better.


A disadvantage to going somewhere with just the two of you is that there is no one else to take a picture of the two of you. Single shots aren't that bad though. ; )

I love the fact that it felt so nice outside, but you can see the snow-covered mountains in the distance.


I found this little puddle with a couple rocks in it. One of them kind of looked like a writing tool, and I was inspired. . .


What can I say? I'm a hopeless romantic.


The sand was so smooth, soft, and inviting.



We found a cool canyon. . .


an awesome large-scale rock garden. . .



a seasonal waterfall. . .


and a beautiful pond.


It was a wonderful day.

4 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful and fun. I really like the artistry of that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be Terral's of course, :) . . . on my dinky camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wonderful, serenidipidous day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adventurous. :-) Hope you guys keep that up all of your lives.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)